Seattle 1978

Seattle 1978

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Oreo Cookies

A TV commercial alerted me to the fact that Oreo cookies are celebrating their 100th birthday.

Wikipedia and Twitter indicates that their special day is today March 6th.

So Happy Centennial Birthday, Oreo!

I'm posting some 1960s vintage ads to celebrate you (because that's just how I roll).
I can't find any information why these are called "NEW OREO" The cookie imprint design changed in 1952 according to the above Wikipedia link.

January 11, 1960 Life Magazine

January 13, 1961 Life Magazine

January 4, 1963 Life Magazine

I enjoyed these vintage commercials on Youtube


Neither one of these have the jingle I remember: "A kid'll eat the middle of an Oreo first. And save the chocolate cookie outside for last!"

Personally, I appreciate that U.S. Oreos do not contain milk, egg or nuts.

So thank you and Happy Birthday!

Pin It

No comments: